How to Get Halloween Candy Stains Out of Carpet and Upholstery
Want to hear something really scary? How about this: Your child has just left melted chocolate, sticky hard candy, and even smooshed taffy on your carpet and furniture!
What will you do now?
Don’t let Halloween nightmares stick around … learn how to get that gooey, sugary mess out of your rugs and upholstery by following these steps:
5 Simple Steps to Avoid a Sticky Halloween Nightmare
- Don’t reach for the scissors quite yet! First, pick up or scrape away all of the dried candy that you can scoop up without scrubbing. Be as gentle as you can.
- In a bowl or bucket, mix mild liquid dish soap with warm water. Dip a clean cloth into your soapy mixture, and then apply it to the stain. Press the soapy, wet cloth onto the stain for 30 seconds.
- Next, wait 10 or 15 minutes for the stain to break down. Press a clean, dry cloth to the stain to blot up any remaining moisture.
- That should take care of the majority of the stain. If there’s any leftover, you can use a spot remover or a mixture of white vinegar and water. Again, blot the stain without rubbing to absorb any lingering candy color.
- Is the stain particularly stubborn? If so, call us for a deeper cleaning!
Contact Our Professionals for a Thorough Cleaning This Holiday Season
With Halloween over, it’s time to start looking ahead to the holiday season. Would you like to show off your cozy, decorated, sparkly clean home this year? Contact us for a just-in-time carpet cleaning. We’ll help your home look its best.