You spend approximately a third of your day in your bedroom. It is your inner sanctum, your happy place. It is the place you go to relax, shouldn’t it be as clean as it can be? Here at E&B Carpet Cleaning, we have an easy spring cleaning checklist to ensure that your bedroom is the perfect place to unwind at the end of the day.
The Spring Cleaning Checklist For Your Bedroom
1. Tackle the bed. Strip your sheets, and wash them in a mild detergent. If your pillows are machine washable, toss those in too. Throw a tennis ball in the dryer with the pillows to fluff them up. Dust baking soda on the bare mattress and let it sit while you clean the rest of the room.
2. Work from the top down. Dust door frames, window frames and the tops of any tall mirrors. Start at the top and dust your way down. Now is a good time to clean the blades of your ceiling fan, if you have one, and wipe down the light fixtures.
3. Do the windows. Wipe down all of the grime that builds up over the winter. Open the windows and clean out the gunk in the tracks as well. Our handy vinegar mixture works well here: use one part water and one part vinegar to clean the window tracks. Spray, then wipe out with an absorbent towel.
4. Clean out the closets. Now is a great time to pull everything out of the closets and store any out of season clothes. Donate items that are just taking up valuable space. When the closet is emptied out, wipe down curtain rods and dust off shelves. Vacuum the floors for the dust and dirt that your shoes track in.
5. Ditch the clutter in the dresser. Give your dresser the same treatment as your closet. Pitch any unused clothes and dust off all of the nooks and crannies. Do the same for any furniture in the room.
6. Conquer the floors. Move any furniture you can to clean, sweep and/or dust under any you can’t. Tackle the dust bunnies under the bed. If you have major traffic patterns in the bedroom, call in the professionals to give your bedroom carpet a thorough cleaning.
7. It’s time to flip the mattress. First, vacuum up the baking soda from the mattress and flip and/or rotate the mattress to ensure even wear. Finally, make the bed with your clean sheets.
If you follow this spring cleaning checklist your bedroom will be a clean and inviting oasis for you to unwind in at the end of the day. Be sure to check out our other post for spring cleaning your living room!