The Ultimate Move Out Cleaning Checklist
Moving is both a stressful and exciting time! Whether you are so excited to get out of your new place or really overwhelmed by all the work moving takes, you’re going to be very busy. We hope we can make the whole process more manageable with our handy move out cleaning checklist.
One of the annoying things that adds to the ‘must do’ list is cleaning the old place. While it’s one of the least fun things you have to do before move out, you really have to do it. No one wants to lose their security deposit, and skipping this final step is a definite way to do so. Get a good playlist going, gather the supplies you need, and get to work!
Get Your Deposit Back With Our Move Out Cleaning Checklist:
- Take all nails and screws out of the walls and ceiling and putty them smoothly.
- If needed be, wipe down the walls. If required by the owner, paint.
- Dust the ceiling fixtures.
- Dust all ledges.
- Clean the windows and blinds.
- Clean the door knobs and doors.
- Clean all light switches and outlets.
- Get any stains out of the carpets or of your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Clean out all cabinets and liners.
- Wash the front of the cabinets.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops.
- Clean the sink and faucet.
- Make sure the garbage disposal is cleaned out and smelling nice.
- Scrub the refrigerator inside and out. Remove all shelves and clean separately if necessary.
- Scrub the oven inside and out.
- Clean out the dishwasher if you have one.
- Clean behind all appliances.
- Sweep and mop.
- Dust, sweep, vacuum and mop.
- Try to scuff out any scratches you made on hardwood floors.
- Wipe out closets and dust.
The bathroom should be the last room to clean as you will need to use it up till the day of the move.
- Get rid of soap scum on applicanes.
- Clean grout and floor tiles.
- Clean the bathub and shower.
- Clean out the bathroom drawers and vanity.
- Clean the toilet, sink, and all countertops.
- Clean the mirror.
The last thing you should do is mop from the furthest point out to the door and make sure the entrance looks squeaky clean. You want your owner to be impressed right away! If you don’t have time for cleaning, you can always hire someone to complete this list for you. Goodluck and happy moving!