7 Carpet Trends to Try in 2019
Are you dreaming of updated decor?
Wall-to-wall carpeting may have gone out of style, but the rugs are bigger and textures are in as we get close to spring, 2019.
If you haven’t noticed, carpets and rugs have made a come-back. But there’s a difference. Instead of wall-to-wall carpeting that’s meant to be neutral and uniform, more people are choosing textured carpets or bold colors that get noticed.
7 Flooring Trends We’re Loving This Year
- Large Rugs: As we think more about how we want our rooms to look, we’re going away from standard rug sizes and custom-ordering rugs that fit the room. Often, that means going large and choosing a rug that encompasses the dining or living room furniture. More and more homeowners see rugs as an investment. They’re going all out for luxury and they’re not afraid to order a bigger size.
- Lighter Colors for the Entryway: One room that’s getting a lot of attention in 2019 is the entryway, and homeowners aren’t leaving it bare. There’s been a move toward lighter colored rugs that add a richness to the space. While this trend might not work if you’ve got pets or kids, it’s nice to set a luxurious tone for the rest of the house with a just-right entryway rug.
- Low-pile is Still in Style: It’s easy to see why. These types of carpet are easy to clean. Moving furniture or doors don’t show marks. For low-maintenance families, you can’t beat it.
- Jute: It’s a fiber you may not have heard of, but it’s great for those with allergies. As a neutral, flat-weave rug, it’s also a versatile fabric that adds texture to a room.
- Multicolored Designs: Go bold with out-of-the ordinary colors in modern designs. Don’t narrow down your colors or stick with neutral if you don’t want to. Make a statement instead. It might really tie the room together.
- Texture is Trending: People aren’t choosing bland, smooth carpet these days. If they do go with rugs or carpet in their home, they’re making sure it’s noticed. Textured rugs are very popular choices for 2019 and 2020.
- Waterproof Carpets have Come a Long Way: They’re no longer ugly, plastic-feeling things good only for the back porch. Now, they’re softer and more stylish, and they can be great for a patio, an enclosed porch, or an entryway.
Tips for Choosing the Right Carpet for Your Home
- Think about your lifestyle … do you have children or pets? If you have young children or pets, you know that things can occasionally get messy. You may want to choose low-pile carpet that’s easy to clean.
- If you’re the type who likes to switch things up sometimes or go bold, multi-color rugs or carpet squares may be perfect for you. You can layer, rearrange, and go as colorful as you like.
- If you love the outdoors, the natural-looking fibers of jute may be just your style. Do you like to bring the indoors out? If you’re a fan of both design and fresh air, you can select a waterproof carpet to bring the indoors out.
- If you want your home to be the showcase of the neighborhood, choose an oversized, light colored rug in thick, luxurious fabric. It can add a touch of class to your entryway or dining room.
- Choose colors and textures that will enhance your existing decor. If you have brightly-colored, darker, bolder furnishings, you may want to choose a neutral carpet. If, on the other hand, you have a neutral couch and chairs, it may make more sense to add a little color, texture, or unique pattern in your flooring.
No Matter What You Choose, We Can Help You Keep it Clean
At E & B Carpet and Upholstery, we pride ourselves on our high quality work and customer service. Please contact us for a free quote or to schedule us today.